Postfix+Cyrus_imapd virtual alias failed----could not change the destination address.

Wang Penghui wangpenghui at realss.com
Fri Jun 18 03:22:48 EDT 2004

Hi, all:

I have a mail server which built with Cyrus-imapd2.2.3 Postfix 2.0.19
OpenLDAP.
It have several virtual domains, and runs well.

The address "user1 at domain" is a virtual account. and "user2 at domain" is a
none-existed account. I have to make all the messages sent to
user2 at domain to be sent to user1 at domain.

I change the main.cf of postfix.
Added virtual_maps = ldap:ldapaliases
(   .
    .
    the ldap query setting
    .
    .)
Then try to sent a message to user2 at domain. I have received the failed
message.
It said that:

<user2 at domain>: host /var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp]
    said: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
    550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown

Then i changed mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp to mailbox_transport = cyrus.

And try again.

And also received a failed message:

<user2 at domain>: data format error. Command output: sales: Mailbox
    does not exist

I have checked the log. found that the MDA even not query the LDAP.

It's the postfix or cyrus-imapd's problem or any other thing?
I am blind with it now.

Any suggestion?