System-wide sieve filter

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Fri Jun 18 13:05:41 EDT 2004

* Tore Anderson

 >   Hi.  I need to make SpamAssassin-tagged messages to be by
 > default filtered into a spam-folder.  I figured I could do this
 > either by a global sieve script, or some default script that was
 > copied in place whenever a new user mailbox was created.

* Luca Olivetti

 > in /etc/amavisd.conf
 >
 > $addr_extension_spam   = 'spam';
 >
 > then when I create an user, I create a "spam" folder and give it an
 > "anonymous p" acl.

  Hm, amavis, did I post to the wrong list?  :-)  I don't use amavis, so
 I'm don't really know what this does..  Does it mean you can tell Cyrus
 to filter a message into a folder, by adding a extension to the RCPT TO
 address?  Like <user-Spam at domain.no>?

  I use the autocreate patch, so a folder named "Spam" is automatically
 created when the user is.  But I didn't figure out how I could make the
 suspected spam messages be automatically filed into that folder,
 without patching Cyrus.  Could you elaborate on how your method works?

--
Tore Anderson