System-wide sieve filter

Earl R Shannon ershanno at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Jun 18 14:48:48 EDT 2004

Hello,

Amavis is a milter and is not part of the Cyrus package.
What it would do with the extension listed is change the
deliver to address by suffixing it with "+spam".

The "+" address indicates to the final delivery agent,
usually lmtpd for cyrus, to put the message in the
specified folder.

So a message sent to ershanno+spam at unity.ncsu.edu would get
delivered to a subfolder of my inbox named spam, should
such a folder exist and the ACL on that folder was
appropriately set.

Regards,
Earl Shannon