High availability ... again

John C. Amodeo amodeo at admin.rutgers.edu
Mon Jun 28 11:32:28 EDT 2004

I would be very interested to know if anyone is using a Cyrus cluster
connected to a SAN using a cluster file system.  Would Cyrus die if two
servers were trying to access the same mailstore / db files?

Norman Zhang wrote:

>>> On a similar note, RedHat have apparently bought Sistina, and GPLed
>>> GFS.  This is great news for HA under Linux, IMHO.  I will be
>>> testing it soon.
>>

>> Well, on their site is it listed as "open source", but it is not on
>> sources.redhat.com (where LVM2 and device-mapper landed when they
>> bought Sistina). In addition, it appears to only be available as part
>> of RHEL, which is quite expensive.
>

> I think you can get it here, http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/gfs/
>
> Norman
> ---

John C. Amodeo - Associate Director of Information Technology
Faculty of Arts and Sciences -- Computer & Network Operations
732.932.9455-voice 732.932.0013-fax