Create Mailboxes on Delivery

ms419 at freezone.co.uk ms419 at freezone.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 13:16:53 EDT 2004

It is essential to me to create the mailboxes for which incoming
messages are intended when they don't exist. To this end, I am writing
a patch.

The patch is currently *very* neanderthal - but it kind of works.
Unfortunately, there are problems with the mailboxes it creates. I can
see them, but can't use them? For instance, in cyradm, "lm" lists them,
but "lam new-mailbox" complains the mailbox doesn't exist. If someone
more familiar with cyrus wouldn't mind looking at the patch &
commenting, I'd be really grateful!

The objective is - given some configuration parameter, like
"postcreatesmailboxes", or something - if an authenticated user
delivers a message to a mailbox which doesn't exist, but which they
have authority to create, it is created and the message is delivered.
Otherwise delivery proceeds normally - message is delivered to INBOX,
rejected, whatever.

Thanks very much!

Jack

PS - I found the University of Athens Autocreate INBOX & Auto Sieve
Folder projects a bit helpful.