Cyrus MURDER - Frontend server configuration options

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 29 12:00:21 EDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Greg Pulfer wrote:
>> Now I
>> think I don't need the full blown with all options
>> Cyrus IMAP on the frontend server, so does anyone know
>> what parameters I should use with the ./configure
>> script before compiling for a frontend server need ?
>
> Use the same ./configure options for all the node in your Murder (backends,
> frontends and MUPDATE master).  The only option that you require is
> --enable-murder.   The other options default in 2.2.x are quite sensible;
> unless you know what you are doing, I suggest you do not change them.  For
> the record, my ./configure line is :

This is definately the way to go.  It also means you only need to build
cyrus once (per architechure).

Etienne is also correct about using other IMAP backends.  The MUPDATE
specification is published as RFC 3656, but without further
standardization work it is unlikely to ever be fully interoperable, even
if there were other implementations.

-Rob