Postfix cyrus virtual mailbox domains problem

Martin Haywood martin at writingsonthewall.net
Wed Jul 21 22:18:45 EDT 2004

I've been going around and around this problem for so long it's making
me dizzy ...

I have Postfix set up with
   main.cf:
       virtual_mailbox_domains = /usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual_domains
       virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/virtual/domain
       virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox
       virtual_minimum_uid = 100
       virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
       virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
       virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual

   virtual_mailbox:
       vuname at my_v_domain.tld		my_v_domain.tld/user/vuname/

I have set up imapd to use partition as follows:
   imapd.conf
       partition-vpart: /var/mail/virtual

And created mailbox in cyradm as follows:
   localhost> cm user.vuname at my_v_domain.tld vpart
   localhost> sam user.vuname at my_v_domain.tld vuname at my_v_domain.tld all

So when a mail is sent to vuname at my_v_domain.tld it appears in the
directory /var/mail/virtual/domain/my_v_domain/user/vuname
but cyrus cannot see it as it's in the subdirectory "new".

Anyway I have a feeling I'm barking up the wrong tree here.  Just how
should I be letting cyrus find mail delivered by postfix "virtual"
delivery
agent (as in this case)? Is there something stupid about my setup, other
than I have a feeling cyrus and postfix aren't meant to share the same
directory for mail storage.

Any help greatly appreciated.
   Martin