Mailbox has an invalid format on 2.1.16

Eddy Beliveau eddy.beliveau at hec.ca
Fri Jul 23 11:22:29 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Eddy Beliveau wrote:
> > then I send a new test mail to that user; mailq still tell me 'Mailbox
> > has an invalid format '

To which "Rob Siemborski" reply:
> Any details in the cyrus logs?  Maybe the quota file for the mailbox is corrupt?

Jul 23 11:03:28 mystore imapd[22804]: Reconstructing 'user.baduserid' (not recursive) for user
'cyrus'
Jul 23 11:03:28 mystore imapd[22805]: Regenerating quota roots starting with 'user.baduserid' for
user 'cyrus'

then I send a new test mail to that user; mailq still tell me 'Mailbox has an invalid format '

> > Can I do a reconstruct from a remote server ?
> Yes, but sometimes the mailbox has some other corruption.

The local command  '/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct  user/mybaduser' is working correctly and
subsequent mail tests are sending correctly without any error message

The cyradm's reconstruct command is not working correctly (which seems to be the case)

Still trying to find a remote solution

Any hints ?

Eddy