What about UnixODBC?!

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon Jul 26 00:19:18 EDT 2004

> Hi people!
> Is there any way to set up the Cyrus Imap Deamon to handle other
> Databases beside Berkley DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL?! I am thinking about
> MaxDB and i see only the way to speak to ther Database Managment Systems
> through UnixODBC?
>
> Are there any ways configure and compiling the Cyrus Imap Server
> speaking to UnixODBC acessing my maxdb Database?

I'm not sure how you want to use MaxDB with cyrus-imapd. AFAIK the only
way to use MySQL or whatever database is to use it for authentication with
cyrus-sasl. So it's more a cyrus-sasl than a cyrus-imapd question.

One possible solution to your problem could be to use the MySQL proxy for
MaxDB. Unfortunately it's only available in a Alpha release which is not
recommended in production. I once tried the MySQL proxy with our current
SAPDB/MaxDB servers but it doesn't work because the older SAPDB/MaxDB
releases don't have support for the MySQL proxy authentication method.

Simon