[POLL] Cyrus 2.2 virtdomains behavior (Was: global admin without defaultdomain?)

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 2 13:09:43 EST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Christos Soulios wrote:

> Rob Siemborski wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Paul Boven wrote:
> >
> > The only argument I currently completely understand for an IP-only based
> > setup is that of sites that need to distinguish ANONYMOUS users between
> > domains (and prehaps that is good enough).
>
> What about being able to determine the virtual domain based on the ip
> address and presenting different ssl certificate for each domain?  Even
> presenting different host name, one that is in accordance to the ssl
> certificate. All this happens long before authentication. Right? This
> would be really nice to implement.

You can do that in a model that still allows users to add an @ sign and a
domain to their userid.

The only way to get a win out of a model that disallows that feature is to
come up with something where it actively causes problems.  And the SASL
ANONYMOUS mechanism is about all I can currently see.

-Rob