Autodelete of old mails

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ramprasad at netcore.co.in
Sat Jan 10 06:17:27 EST 2004

> > I am thinking of a hack in the ipurge source with another commandline
> > option
> > something like
> > ipurge -f -d 30  --skipuntil 'user/someuser'
> >
> > Is that feasible
>
> I don't know; sorry. Might it not be simpler overall, however, to give
> ipurge the ability to skip corrupt mailboxes and move on to the next one?
>
> Craig Ringer

I am not very good at systems administration myself , I am basically a
perl programmer.
I looked at the source of ipurge.c  , found it pretty straightforward to
add a skipuntil flag

On the contrary why it exits at a on finding a corrupt mailbox , I could
not understand.
Might be there is some exit() function call somewhere within the purge
or expunge function.

So now I have to flags added to my ipurge  , skipuntil  so that I skip
all mailboxes until I find a name '>'  than that name and one more flag
stopat so that I skip all mailboxes after a particular mailbox

So Now I can fork multiple ipurges
as well as run it in a perl wrapper and check the output , If it exits
for a particular mailbox , I log the mailbox name and restart ipurge to
skip until and also the corrupt mailbox

Now I have to reconstruct all the mailboxes listed as corrupt in my
logfile

Well seems got a way out  , finally. I would appreciate any inputs

Thanks
Ram

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ and FlexiMail: Messaging Solutions: http://netcore.co.in

Pragatee: Integrated Server-Software Suite: http://www.pragatee.com

Emergic Freedom: Server-centric Computing: http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Blog Profiles and RSS Ecosystem: http://blogstreet.com