imapd dies when connecting with Mozilla-1.6beta Mail IMAP account

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sun Jan 4 12:15:34 EST 2004

-- Hajo Beckefeld <hajo at beckefeld-online.de> is rumored to have mumbled on
Sonntag, 4. Januar 2004 18:03 Uhr +0100 regarding Re: imapd dies when
connecting with Mozilla-1.6beta Mail IMAP account:

> Thanks, I think the problem is, that the Mozilla Mail Client didn't send
> the username/passwd in plain test! I posted an ethereal trace in this
> thread!

Your IMAP server offers CRAM-MD5 and so Mozilla (finally!) does what it
should: it uses it.

I guess you're using saslauthd and not sasldb, right? You need to change
your /etc/imapd.conf file so that it doesn't offer CRAM-MD5:

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

Greetings, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK