Question about some entries in my logs

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Mon Jan 5 20:07:56 EST 2004

At 07:58 PM 1/5/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>This error message is coming from the ndbm database backend for
>sasldb2.    If authentication is working, I'm not sure why you would be
>getting this message.

Ok...i'll see if I can dig a bit deeper.

>Just for the hell of it, if you try the following, does the error message
>go away?
>
>$ /usr/local/bin/imtest -m login -a testuser -u testuser localhost

Still getting the error message, even after trying this command.

>What do your sasl_* options look like?

 From imapd.conf? Here they are:

# Allow the use of the SASL PLAIN mechanism.
#
allowplaintext: yes

#sasl_maximum_layer: 256
#sasl_minimum_layer: 0
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop

#sasl_auto_transition: no

#sasl_opiekeys: /etc/opiekeys

Should I uncomment the last line? Seems to be accessing it, even while
commented.

Thanks for the help.

Jason