SQUAT failed to open index file

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jan 8 13:37:12 EST 2004

Cristian Livadaru wrote:

> I have some of these entries in my logs
>
> Jan  8 16:07:52 vwclub imap[16435]: SQUAT failed to open index file
> Jan  8 16:07:52 vwclub imap[16435]: SQUAT failed
>
> can someone please tell me what they mean ?

It means that a client did a SEARCH on the mailbox and a SQUAT index
file (created by squatter which accelerates SEARCH) wasn't found, so the
SEARCH proceeded by scanning the messages themselves.

If you want to get rid of the message, either stop logging at th debug
level, or create a squat index for mailboxes that get frequently searched.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127