SQUAT failed to open index file

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at ifi.uio.no
Mon Jan 12 05:15:27 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 19:37, Ken Murchison wrote:
> > Jan  8 16:07:52 vwclub imap[16435]: SQUAT failed to open index file
> > Jan  8 16:07:52 vwclub imap[16435]: SQUAT failed
>
> It means that a client did a SEARCH on the mailbox and a SQUAT index
> file (created by squatter which accelerates SEARCH) wasn't found, so the
> SEARCH proceeded by scanning the messages themselves.
>
> If you want to get rid of the message, either stop logging at th debug
> level, or create a squat index for mailboxes that get frequently searched.

it would be nice to include the folder name in the log message from
SQUAT so that we could make a list of folders to index every night.
there is after all a significant overhead, so I don't want to run it for
users who don't use the functionality.

Indexing mailbox user.tenghil... Indexed 37607 messages (158309271
bytes) into 108559338 index bytes in 157 seconds

(that's 68% of the original's storage space)

--
Kjetil T.