Is Reiserfs better than ext3

David R Bosso dbosso+lists.cyrus at lsit.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 9 11:15:16 EST 2004

FWIW:

We've been running our ~1200 user server on reiserfs/RedHat for 2 years or
so now with no filesystem problems.  In fact everyone I know that uses
linux for any purpose uses reiser as their standard fs.  It's been fast and
reliable for us.

We'll be migrating to a new box running 2.2.2 on Gentoo with reiser in
couple of months.

-David

--On Friday, January 9, 2004 3:46 PM +0000 mb <mb/cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk>