Authentication error SOLVED

Christiano Anderson anderson at debian-rs.org
Fri Jan 9 13:32:30 EST 2004

Hey guys,

I've finally found out the problem, and believe, it's really a bug, either
of Cyrus or SASL 2.

The problem happens only when I have my NSS using LDAP, through these
lines in nsswitch.conf:

--
passwd:         compat ldap
group:          compat ldap

If I take 'ldap' out of that file, Cyrus works pretty well, like it should
do.

For me, actually, it's not a problem at all, because I don't really need
to have NSS using LDAP, once this machine is used only for that stuff.

But it's a bug, and it must be fixed ASAP.

I've tried both using SASL via PAM and via LDAP direcly. Same problem.

I don't know why that problem happens. There is no an appearant cause.

--
MARLON DUTRA
Propus

!DSPAM:3ffef330229225604010814!