Cyrus and Postfix question

Nick Fisher cyrus at nickdafish.com
Fri Jan 9 19:26:53 EST 2004

>  >> In my case I wrote a wrapper around deliver that filters the mail
>  >> through SpamAssassin.
>
> Which would be better done using something like spampd or amavisd-new
> and/or using Postfix advanced content filtering of course...

Actually I know what I'm doing and I'm quite happy with it. I do use spamd
(the wraper implements spamc) and because postfix is trying to deliver it
to a perticular user, I can easily implement per-user settings (-u on
spamc). It's also a bonus doing this at the delivery agent because I don't
have worry about not checking out bound mail (As I would have to if I did
this with a cf). Frankly any extra overhead due to it being pipe rather
than lmtp is dwarfed by SpamAssassin. It's quick n' easy, for me it's the
perfect solution ;)

  Nick