Cyrus and Postfix question

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Tue Jan 20 11:15:47 EST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Nick Fisher wrote:

> Intresting.... I'm not too hot on the specifics of lmtp (I only half read
> the rfc today).... Where are you taking the user name from? Was it much of
> a hack to get that working? Are the spampd maintainers intrested in
> adopting the hack or doing something similar?

It looks like it was discussed, but they don't seem to want to do it
for no particularly good reason (author's perrogative).

> Hummm... I don't think I'm understanding you here. If the primary postfix
> instance (running on 0.0.0.0:25) is sending all it's mail through (using a
> content filter?) a second instance of postfix that's filtering
> everything... why not just use the first instance of postfix to filter? Or
> is the second instance just for local delivery?

Hopefully I answered this in the last email I just sent... It mostly has
to do with where the rewriting of the recipient happens and transport maps
and such. If I didn't want to be able to bypass spam scanning altogether,
I probably wouldn't have had to do it the way I did.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass