unixhierarchysep (Was: Slow response)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jan 15 14:03:37 EST 2004

Jules Agee wrote:
> I've gotten a request (from someone I'd rather not say 'no' to) to
> create an IMAP account with a period in the username. If I set
> "unixhierarchysep=yes" in imapd.conf on an already established 2.1
> server, what kinds of problems can I expect to run into?

Any currently running clients which connect to an imapd with the new
setting might have an issue, but other than that, well behaved clients
shouldn't care.  Restarting the client should get it to refresh its
mailbox list.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127