SQUAT indexes?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 16 11:38:32 EST 2004

--On Freitag, 16. Januar 2004 10:16 Uhr -0600 Joe Hrbek
<jhrbek at gplsinc.com> wrote:

> Does anyone use the squat indexes as described in:
>
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/man/squatter.8.html

Yes.

> If so, any opinion on it?  Good, bad, ugly?  I'm thinking that it would
> only provide a boost to those users that have an incredible amount of
> email in their mailbox, this is an assumption though.

I haven't done real comparisons, but searching through indexed mailboxes is
unbelievably fast. If you've got the cycles and the space to spare it's a
nice enhancement. Not that only proper IMAP clients that do server-side
searches profit from this ...

Check out our squatrunner script in the "contrib" directory if you're
interested.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK