individual User spamassassin settings during lmtp delivery

Romeo Benzoni romeo at benzoni.org
Mon Jan 19 19:00:06 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 21:41, Jure Pečar wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:53:13 +0100
> Romeo Benzoni <romeo at benzoni.org> wrote:
>
> > 1. is my approach wide of the mark or are there better, smarter
> > solutions to achieve this?
>
> Smarter solution: use amavisd-new, which can be fed via lmtp from your MTA
> and thus knows how to apply per user AV & SA settings (and can pull those
> from just about everywhere).

thanks for the point, but I had also a look at this but as written in
the docs the spam check is done once per message and not once per
receipient. I'd like to have spammassassin called for each recepients as
I want user give the ability to define their individual weights etc. on
each spammassassin rule.
I wan't user to be able to define individual criteria what is spam and
not just what should happen to emails considered as spam on an per user
basis.

<cite>
SpamAssassin check is called only once per message regardless of the
number of recipients, all header editing and actions taken is then done
by amavisd-new for each recipient individually, based on its settings.
</cite>

regards

Romeo Benzoni