individual User spamassassin settings during lmtp delivery

Romeo Benzoni romeo at benzoni.org
Tue Jan 20 03:57:12 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 04:52, dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:
> Quoting Romeo Benzoni <romeo at benzoni.org>:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 21:41, Jure Pečar wrote:

> > > Smarter solution: use amavisd-new, which can be fed via lmtp from your MTA
> > > and thus knows how to apply per user AV & SA settings (and can pull those
> > > from just about everywhere).
> >
> > thanks for the point, but I had also a look at this but as written in
> > the docs the spam check is done once per message and not once per
> > receipient. I'd like to have spammassassin called for each recepients as
> > I want user give the ability to define their individual weights etc. on
> > each spammassassin rule.
> > I wan't user to be able to define individual criteria what is spam and
> > not just what should happen to emails considered as spam on an per user
> > basis.
> >

> > <cite>
> > SpamAssassin check is called only once per message regardless of the
> > number of recipients, all header editing and actions taken is then done
> > by amavisd-new for each recipient individually, based on its settings.
> > </cite>
>
> Mimedefang is your solution. http://www.mimedefang.org
> But it works only with sendmail.

as state in my initial mail im using mimdedefang right now. but as it
takes influence during the smtp phase (using libmilter).

1. I can't know what all local user are. (before alias expansion)

2. if I would solve problem one I would need spawn several individual
mails (results of the individual spam decision) beeing sent instead of
just the one which was passed from libmilter

I don't wanna say it's completely impossible but during the smtp stage
is not the logical place to do it. I should be done during local
delivery (lmtp). I hacked it directly into deliver() from cyrus but more
correct would be an lmtp proxy or the sieve extension mentioned by rob.
As I had looked on the web I couldn't find anything any software which
could do that right of the box.

regards

Romeo Benzoni