individual User spamassassin settings during lmtp delivery

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 21 00:24:58 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 19:37, Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:00, Romeo Benzoni wrote:
> > I wan't user to be able to define individual criteria what is spam and
> > not just what should happen to emails considered as spam on an per user
> > basis.
>
> Just to clarify, with amavisd-new, you can control per-user the score
> used to determine whether to tag or to quarantine the message (which
> includes passing the message regardless of score).  You cannot, however,
> have per-user ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.

I'm researching a postfix / amavisd-new / cyrus imapd solution myself.
While you cannot have per-user ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs I thought you
could have per user prefs defined in a mysql db. Am I not understanding
amavisd-new correctly?

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
Linux Technology Center System Admin