Rejecting clients that are not valid users only

Troy McKinnon TroyMcKinnon at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:03:49 EST 2004

I have been unable to get TLS working.
I installed from scratch using LUC's HOWTO: postfix/cyrus/mysql but when I
telnet to my smtp server I do not get STARTTLS output...

It took me so long to get this setup .. I am 'afraid' to reinstall postfix
or whatever it will take to get the ssl.  (I would love to get it working
tho.)
Do you know what the steps would be to backup (which files) and reinstall
such that I could get this working?

telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.mydomain.com ESMTP Postfix