api to access cyrus header/index files

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 23 21:05:16 EST 2004

> If you're using v2.2.3, its fairly easy.  In mailbox.h, bump
> MAILBOX_CACHE_MINOR_VERSION to 3 and in mailbox.c add an entry like
> {"Xmyheader", 3} to the mailbox_cache_headers array.  Any new messages
> added to the mailbox will have this header cached.  If you want all of
> the messages to have this header cached, then you'll have to reconstruct
> the mailbox.

It would be extra nice if one day this stuff was configurable for your
installation, rather than having to patch the source. For instance, we add
display these in our web-interface. To keep the performance reasonable
though, I'll have to patch so that it caches these headers. Every extra
patch is annoying to have to maintain in the long run...

Rob