Problems with make all CFLAGS command

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jan 27 10:22:07 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 23:02, David Brown wrote:
> *  Was krb5 already properly installed when I
> installed Red Hat 9a, or do I need to re-install or
> reconfigure it somehow?

I think it's installed if you install the openssl development libraries.

> * Why am I doing this anyway when I'm not concerned
> about having Kerberos at the moment?  I tried
> --without-krb and --without-krb5 options but got the
> same results.  Can't I leave out Kerberos?

The problem as I understand it is that the openssl development tools
have been built with kerberos support. Despite the fact that you're not
using kerberos, ssl.h needs kssl.h, and kssl.h needs krb5.h; as such you
at least need the kerberos includes to be available.

I must say that I'm surprised the #include <kssl.h> in ssl.h isn't
#ifdef'ed to only be required when kerberos will be used. Then again, my
C programming knowledge is poor to nil.

> * Could this have something to do with SASL
> configuration?

I really couldn't tell you. I doubt it - I think the problem is the way
RH have configured their openssl libs - but I'm not even remotely sure.

If the suggestions offered above don't solve your problem then... well,
frankly I can't remember how I worked around it. Perhaps editing the
Makefile to add the include manually might do the trick?

Craig Ringer