Upgrade causing trouble with sasldb2

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 11:03:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my Cyrus 2.0.16 setup to Cyrus 2.1, and I'm
hitting a snag with /etc/sasldb2. I have cloned my old install on a new
machine in order to test the upgrade, and ran the old /etc/sasldb
through sasldbconverter2(8) in the process of upgrading.

However, because I cloned the setup to a different machine, all the
secrets in the database are of the form user at machine1, and so I can't
log in on machine2. I've tried loggin in as user at machine1, and I get:-

[SASL(-13): authentication failure: cross-realm login user at machine1 denied]

Is there any way I can change the realm name when I convert the sasl
database?

Thanks,

Mike.