Renaming users. Does it work ?

Christos Soulios soulbros at noc.uoa.gr
Tue Jan 27 16:28:09 EST 2004

Hi list,

Reading the Cyrus-2.2.3 FAQ I was glad to see the following statement:
"renaming users - Supported, but try to make sure that the user is not,
and can not login when doing the rename. Otherwise user-meta may get
corrupted and/or out of sync."

However, when I tried to rename a user, I got the error "NO Operation is
not supported on mailbox"
Am I doing something wrong or is something else running here?

A log of my IMAP session follows:

* OK <host> Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3 server ready
. login cyrusadmin <xxxxxx>
. OK User logged in
. list user.christos *
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." "user.christos"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.christos.Drafts2"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.christos.Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.christos.Trash"
. OK Completed (0.000 secs 5 calls)
. rename user.christos user.christos2
. NO Operation is not supported on mailbox

Christos

--
Your Cyrus is too tough to administer?
Cyrusmaster is the solution for you.