Renaming users. Does it work ?
soulbros at noc.uoa.gr
Tue Jan 27 16:28:09 EST 2004
Reading the Cyrus-2.2.3 FAQ I was glad to see the following statement:
"renaming users - Supported, but try to make sure that the user is not,
and can not login when doing the rename. Otherwise user-meta may get
corrupted and/or out of sync."
However, when I tried to rename a user, I got the error "NO Operation is
not supported on mailbox"
Am I doing something wrong or is something else running here?
A log of my IMAP session follows:
* OK <host> Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3 server ready
. login cyrusadmin <xxxxxx>
. OK User logged in
. list user.christos *
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." "user.christos"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.christos.Drafts2"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.christos.Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "user.christos.Trash"
. OK Completed (0.000 secs 5 calls)
. rename user.christos user.christos2
. NO Operation is not supported on mailbox
Your Cyrus is too tough to administer?
Cyrusmaster is the solution for you.
Visit http://email.uoa.gr/cyrusmaster now
More information about the Info-cyrus