Kernel upgrade problem

Jeffrey Borg jeffreyb at futureschool.com.au
Wed Jan 28 00:21:37 EST 2004

Hi there

I have a redhat 7.2 machine here which is running cyrus for imap
storage.

The curus and the db4 are all compiled on this machine.

Now due to system instability I had to upgrade the kernel from the
standard redhat one. So as usual just compiled and installed a generic
2.4.24 kernel.

Only that totally broke cyrus so bad it wouldn't even startup. Now I
think it's something to do with threading libraries in glibc and the
redhat kernel with the berkeley db? am I right here.

Is there something I missed in the 2.4.24 kernel?

The funny thing is that a identical mail server (though using redhat
7.3) was upgraded to 2.4.22 with no problems.
follow.

--
Jeffrey Borg