New rpms of Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.3

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Thu Jan 29 05:29:47 EST 2004

> I'm pleased to announce new source rpms of the new stable release of Cyrus
> IMAPd 2.2.3.
>
> I've successfully rebuilt the source rpm on the following Linux
> distributions:
> RedHat 6.2, 7.2, 7.3 and 9
> Fedora Core 1
>
> Sucessful rebuilds have also been reported by others for:
> RedHat AS 2.1 and 3.0
> Fedora Core 2 beta
>
> The rpms should do all the steps needed for a successful upgrade from a
> highly recommended to create backups of your data before upgrading.

I found two minor problems with the new packages released yesterday:

1) On upgrade, sieve scripts are 'compiled' automagically. The problem was
that sievec didn't work with some ISO-8859-1 sieve scripts that's why I
included a iconv call to convert ISO-8859-1 -> UTF-8. The problem was that
if the script was already UTF-8, it was again treated as ISO-8859-1 and
converted to UTF-8. This bug is fixed now.

2) The new 2.2 rpm uses the mail syslog facility while the older one used
local6. The default RedHat syslog configuration logs all mail.* to
/var/log/maillog. On busy sites the amount of messages may be too much so
changing syslog config to something like 'mail.info  /var/log/maillog' may
be needed. The syslog facility is now a rpm build time option and the
README.RPM file does mention the change.

An updated src rpm is now available.

Simon