Problem with LMTP and TLS

Josh Endries jendries at pragmeta.com
Wed Jan 28 16:49:19 EST 2004

Hiya list,

I'm having problems getting TLS working on LMTP. I recently installed
the cyrus-imapd22 port in FreeBSD, with OpenSSL, and it seems to be
compiled correctly. imaps/pop3s work just fine, and ldd shows the SSL
libraries compiled into lmtpd, but for some reason lmtpd doesn't offer
STARTTLS. I've been testing with a simple "telnet localhost lmtp" then
"LHLO blah". I have the global certs defined in imapd.conf, but other
than that I can't remember doing anything to get SSL working. Are there
any configuration options I need to set in order for STARTTLS to show up
in lmtpd? Does this touch SASL at all (that has working SSL in it also,
but I'm out of ideas)?

Thanks,
Josh