unix hierarchy delimiter

Mike O'Rourke mjoop at curia.op.org
Fri Jan 30 12:40:08 EST 2004

>>> Joe Thomas <joe_thomas at cnt.com> 01/30/04 04:54pm >>>

	I also recently changed to 'unixhierachysep: yes' and
have a slightly different problem with INBOX*. In my case,
I've used the correct cm, however, I only get 1 set of INBOX^*
folders at the top level and no INBOX'es for individual users.
I use SquirrelMail as a WEB interface and everyone can see

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
If you use 'unixhierarchysep: yes' in Cyrus, you need to change the
names of the special folders in SquirrelMail to INBOX/Sent; INBOX/Drafts
and INBOX/Trash -- note the "/" and not "." as is the default in
SquirrelMail.

Mike

anything in the INBOX'es.  I'm still in the process of bringing
the whole system up so I only have two or three users at the
moment for testing purposes. Anyways, if anyone has thoughts on
what might be going on, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks!

FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE
bsdpan-Cyrus-IMAP-1.00/
bsdpan-Cyrus-SIEVE-managesieve-0.01/
cyrus-imapd-2.2.3/
cyrus-sasl-2.1.15/
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.17_1/
db42-4.2.52_1/

name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.2.3 2004/01/14 02:11:03
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : FreeBSD
os-version : 5.1-RELEASE
environment: Built w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.17
             Running w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.17
             Built w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December
3,
2003)
             Running w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52:
(December  3,
2003)
             Built w/OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003
             Running w/OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003
             CMU Sieve 2.2
             TCP Wrappers
             mmap = shared
             lock = fcntl
             nonblock = fcntl
             auth = unix
             idle = poll

cyrus.conf:

START {
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"
}

SERVICES {
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
}

EVENTS {
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/imap