Question on ACL's

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Fri Jan 30 13:13:54 EST 2004

At 12:57 PM 1/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>First off, is there a reason why you are using a personal mailbox as a
>bulletin board?  Is there actually a loanofficer user?  If not, you could
>just create loanofficers.announce (notice the lack of user.)

Actually, loaonfficers is just a 'group' of employees who are going to need
access to a shared folder of some sort to view and post messages as needed.
I'm going to have a total of about 4-5 different 'groups' of employees who
will have seperate folders/bulletin boards.

The thing I really need is a way for people in these groups the ability to
just view messages as needed by sending or moving messages into the
specified folder. Still working on the kinks and stuff as well as fine
tuning everything

>The ACL for jwilliams will only work if the MTA authenticates to lmtpd (or
>passes the AUTH= keyword) as jwilliams, otherwise lmtpd assumes that the
>user is anonymous.

Hmm. From the sound of it, that will require some further research and
testing. As it stands right now, I have smtp-auth setup through postfix in
a chrooted environment. Now, I need to figure out how to set postfix to
either pass AUTH or authenticate to lmtpd...

I appreciate the help.

Jason