Problems with make all CFLAGS command

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Sun Feb 1 07:53:13 EST 2004

Jim Levie wrote:

> The configure command that I use on a RedHat 9 or RHEL 3.0 system looks
> like:

>>CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>>--with-auth=unix --without-ucdsnmp \
>>--with-duplicate-db=db3_nosync --with-mboxlist-db=skiplist \
>>--with-seen-db=skiplist --with-subs-db=flat --with-tls-db=db3_nosync
>
> This will place the perl modules in /usr/lib rather than in
> /usr/local/lib, which avoids all the unpleasantness of cyradm not
> running.
>
> Just for grins you can see the full installation procedure at
> http://www.entrophy-free.net/mail-server-el.html

When installing Cyrus under Solaris I run into the same problems with
perl-modules as you do. But because I really dislike setting the PREFIX
to /usr, I've found another solution that I posted to the list a while
ago: (2004-01-03 Subject: The Cyrus perl modules)

---
My suggestion: leave the location of the actual perl modules up to
MakeMaker, so don't pass PREFIX when building the module makefiles out
of Makefile.PL. To accomplish this, one would remove the PREFIX= entries
from perl/Makefile.in (line 83) and perl/sieve/Makefile.in (line 81).

The only drawback of this is that cyradm and it's manpage end up under
/usr/perl5/5.6.1/{bin,man}, which is arguably where they belong. For
convenience, I've symlinked it from /usr/local/bin.
---

Regards, Paul Boven.