sig11 with autocreate feature

Christos Soulios soulbros at noc.uoa.gr
Tue Feb 3 12:58:45 EST 2004

Ok, I think I found it. It was a stupid segmentation fault, because I did
not check a variable for being NULL.

I hope I fixed it now. You can download it at
http://email.uoa.gr/download/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.2.3/cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-autocreate-0.8.6.diff

Thank you for reporting it Simon. I am waiting to learn if it works now.

Regards,
 Christos

Simon Matter said:
>> Could I have a look at your imapd.conf file?
>
> Christos,
>
> I'm sorry for not providing imapd.conf. Here it is
>
> configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> admins: cyrus
> sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
> sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
> hashimapspool: true
> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
> tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
> autocreatequota: 500000
> createonpost: yes
>
> As you can see, nothing special. It has worked perfect with 2.1.x so
> expect it to be just a small detail in the upgraded patches.
>
> Thanks for looking into it.
> Simon
>

>> I would like to see what are the following options :
>>
>> autocreatequota
>>                                                                                                                                                 createonpost
>> autocreateinboxfolders
>> autosubscribesharedfolders
>>                                                                                                                                                 altnamespace
>>
>> I'll have a look at it asap.
>> Christos
>>

>> Simon Matter said:
>>> I just discovered a problem with the autocreate patches from
>>> http://email.uoa.gr/download/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.2.3/ which have been
>>> discussed today on this list. Since the maintainers of the patches also
>>> read the list I think it's okay to mention this here.
>>> When the createonpost feature is set, then a new mailbox is created if
>>> mail is delivered to a non existent mailbox via lmtp. Now I discovered
>>> that whenever I send mail with postfix to such a nonexistent mailbox,
>>> the
>>> box is created on the fly but the mail is not delivered until the next
>>> time postfix flushes the queue. I tried to figure out what's going
>>> wrong
>>> but was unable to find it. An strace of the dying lmtpd process can be
>>> found here
>>>
>>> http://invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-sig11.txt
>>>
>>> this is from the logs:
>>> Feb  3 14:03:26 imap01 postfix/pickup[16538]: 6A94711E05: uid=0
>>> from=<root>
>>> Feb  3 14:03:26 imap01 postfix/cleanup[16850]: 6A94711E05:
>>> message-id=<20040203130326.6A94711E05 at imap01.ch.sauter-bc.com>
>>> Feb  3 14:03:26 imap01 postfix/nqmgr[16539]: 6A94711E05:
>>> from=<root at imap01.ch.sauter-bc.com>, size=329, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
>>> Feb  3 14:03:26 imap01 lmtpunix[16766]: autocreateinbox: User imaptest,
>>> INBOX was successfully created in partition default
>>> Feb  3 14:03:26 imap01 master[16752]: process 16766 exited, signaled to
>>> death by 11
>>> Feb  3 14:03:26 imap01 postfix/lmtp[16851]: 6A94711E05:
>>> to=<imaptest at imap01.ch.sauter-bc.com>,
>>> orig_to=<imap.test at xx.sauter-bc.com>,
>>> relay=/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp], delay=0,

--
Did you visit http://email.uoa.gr?