Spamassassin how-to?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Feb 4 12:58:29 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 00:53, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> I know it's done using a milter, but there are several different ones to
> choose from, so I"d like to hear from anyone who has first hand
> experience with different milters, or different approaches altogether.

I use MimeDefang and I've been really happy with it. It makes
integrating SpamAssassin trivial, and also supports various virus
scanners. I actually don't use the virus scanning functions of
MimeDefang, preferring to let clamav-milter handle it, but I gather it
works fairly well.

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/mimedefang/index.php

I haven't tried MailScanner, nor the commercial version of MimeDefang,
as I haven't had a need.

This isn't really a Cyrus issue, but it's not a bad thing to have in the
archives for future users.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus