Spamassassin how-to?

Chris Wesodorp chris-mailing at occidopagus.nl
Wed Feb 4 15:10:08 EST 2004

Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a good how-to for integrating SpamAssassin into
> Sendmail+Cyrus w/o resorting to using procmail?
>
> I know it's done using a milter, but there are several different ones to
> choose from, so I"d like to hear from anyone who has first hand
> experience with different milters, or different approaches altogether.

I use MimeDefang (www.mimedefang.org) as milter in Sendmail. This is a
perl milter that supports several extensions. Scanning for spam is done
by SpamAssassin and i'm currently configuring the machine to use Norman
Antivirus (www.norman.com) to scan for virusses.

MimeDefang works at my server, but it's just a personal home server with
four IMAP accounts. I have read some complains about MimeDefang on
(very) busy servers but I can't find these resources right now.

Chris Wesdorp

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus