checking for db_create in RH9

Francesc Guasch Ortiz frankie at etsetb.upc.es
Fri Feb 6 06:39:43 EST 2004

Simon Matter wrote:

> Do you also have db3 packages installed? This can confuse the build
> process. The rpms are made to build on stock RedHat x distributions. I
> don't know what causes your problems, sorry.

Well, I have gdbm-1.8.0-20, but I think it's ok.

Thank you for trying. I wanted to keep the rpms, but
now I tried to build from tar.gz and it won't work either.

Someone has any clue ?

I tried db4 from redhat, db4 nonptl and db4.2 installed
from source in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB4.2.

I always get:
checking for db.h... yes
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.2... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb... no
checking for db_open in -ldb... no
configure: error: this version requires Berkeley DB 3.x or later.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus