How unstable is cvs HEAD?

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Thu Feb 5 14:40:08 EST 2004

Hello,

I'd like to use LDAP as an authentication backend[1], and I'd like to use
LDAP to define which groups people are in, in order to make shared folder
permission handling somewhat manageable. (As I see it, without that, you
manually have to mention each and every user which is to have access to a
shared folder.)

I have the impression that LDAP support in CVS HEAD is better (e.g.
compiles) than the LDAP support in the latest Cyrus release.
--with-auth=pts --with-ldap=/usr --with-pts=ldap

Now, the big question: How unstable is CVS HEAD? - I know that it
shouldn't be used in production, etc., but sometimes a CVS HEAD version of
a piece of software is better than a released version plus a bunch of
patches.

Note 1:
By this, I mean
--with-auth=pts --with-ldap=/usr --with-pts=ldap in configure-terms.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus