postfix 2.0.16 and cyrus w/ full e-mail usernames.

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sat Feb 7 04:34:34 EST 2004

I am currently testing an upgraded postfix from 1.1.12 to 2.0.16. and I
had postfix delivering mail correctly to the Cyrus LMTP socket when
cyrus IMAP has usernames in the form of user at domain.com. (a virtual map
from user at domain.com to user\\\@domain.com)  But with 2.0.16 this no
longer works, it tries to deliver mail to domain.com again.. and bounces
the message.. I posted this on the postfix users mailing list and the
only response I got back was that this functionality was a "bug" in
1.1.12 and has been fixed in 2.0.16 (ie doesn't work on purpose).. Does
anyone else have a similar setup to this? and how do you have it
configured?  Eventually I will be moving up to cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 and
using the native name based virtual hosting feature..

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/

---