usernames with an "@" symbol

Robin M. robin at primus.ca
Sun Feb 8 22:06:31 EST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Igor Brezac wrote:

> What does your saslauthd.conf look like?  You probably need to set
> 'ldap_filter: %U@%r'.  cyrus-sasl 2.1.17 splits fully a qualified usernam
> to the user and realm portion before it is passed to saslauthd.

my /etc/saslauthd.conf was

ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1/
ldap_filter: uid=%u

I modified it as suggested to

ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1/
ldap_filter: %U@%r

After making the suggested modifications the mail gets delivered into a
hashed directory under /var/spool/imap/domain, but I still cannot log in
via webmail application such as squirrelmail.

the ldap log still shows the unrealmed uid login while I logged in
through the web interface with robin at draftmail.org

[robin at pdc]# tail -f /var/log/ldap
<snip>
Feb  8 22:06:32 pdc slapd[23259]: conn=611 op=1 SRCH
base="dc=draftmail,dc=org" scope=2 filter="(uid=robin)"
</snip>

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus