Installation problem on Fedora core 1

sm_os at u5.com sm_os at u5.com
Sat Feb 14 20:12:10 EST 2004

>First of all I want to thanks to all the people that help me with me
>issue (no one answer any thing)...

Ave Cesar, I feel with you as I have tried the same from time to time. The
world can occasionally be a terribly egoistic and selfish place when it
comes to solving my particular problems.

When it happens I find myself furiously shaking my fist at the screen with
my (sadly empty) mailbox and in a sarcastic voice I shout out loud: "Thank
you!!! Thank you very much!!".

>...but if I can not make this thing work what other
>alternative I have?

Ask for sources of commercial support?!

> > [cyrus at localhost cyrus-imapd-2.2.3]$ cd /var/imap
> > [cyrus at localhost imap]$ chattr +S . user quota user/* quota/*
> > chattr: No such file or directory while trying to stat user
> > chattr: No such file or directory while trying to stat quota
> > chattr: No such file or directory while trying to stat user/*
> > chattr: No such file or directory while trying to stat quota/*

So, files are missing. It does indeed not appear to be a standard problem
for Cyrus.

In your case I'd spend some more time on trying to find out why they are
missing, e.g. by trying to gain more understanding of the installation
process and maybe Linux itself.

BTW, did you consider trying to install from source? I do that, it works
mighty well.

Depending on skills a lot of challenging and interesting hours may lie ahead!

Enjoy!

:-)