ldap/cyrus server

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Feb 10 10:10:04 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:05:43PM -0500, Robin M. wrote:
> Hope this does not insult anyone here...
>
> Is there a site that anyone
> knows of with good examples of schemas for use with an ldap email server
> that resemble all the fields a user would find in an outlook address
> book, or that work well with a netscape email client.

Here is exactly the schema you are looking for :
http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialLDAP-GILSchemaExtension.html

> Something
> explaining how to simulate an Exchange-like server.
> My ldap/cyrus server is now looking fairly complete but this is my first
> time and I have not really seen much recent documentation in this vein.

IMAP + LDAP cover only a fraction of Exchange functionnality.  Mail with
shared folder and LDAP address book cover, IMHO, the most important one
but there will be many thing missing : shareable calendar, shareable
private address book (twiddling ACL in OpenLDAP config might do it, but
this won't be user-configurable), schedule conflict resolution and many,
many more.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus