lmtpd reporting faulty parse errors

Henk.Roose at cwi.nl Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
Tue Feb 17 03:06:39 EST 2004

Simon,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 08:24:29AM +1300, Simon Brady wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 Henk.Roose at cwi.nl wrote:
>
> > Feb 15 04:26:00 host.cwi.nl lmtpd[28106]: [ID 358100 local6.info] sieve parse
> > error for user: line 7: fileinto not required
> >  [...]
> > Did anyone experience this before? Does anybody have any idea why this
> > is happening?
>
> If the script includes a fileinto action it needs to begin with the line
>
>   require "fileinto";
>
> This is because fileinto is an optional capability for Sieve
> implementations (see RFC 3028 sections 2.10.5, 3.2 and 4.2). Admittedly
> the error message is ambiguous to someone who doesn't already know the
> special meaning being given to the verb "require": perhaps something like
>
>   "require" statement missing for fileinto capability
>
> would be clearer?

This is not what I'm talking about. I stated earlier that the scripts
are syntactically correct. In addition to that -- all requirements are
in the scripts!

I suspect this is a bug and it's load and/or uptime related.
Question remains: did anyone experience lmtpd reporting *faulty*
sieve perse errors?

Cheers
Henk Roose - Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica
Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science
Amsterdam (NL)
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus