IMSP and Digest-MD5

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Tue Feb 17 03:30:06 EST 2004

Howdy all,

My apologies for the cross-post, but I'm hoping to cover all bases with my
question. :-)

I've just upgraded my IMSP server to the lastest Cyrus 1.7b, as recommended
by CMU. I had hoped that, with that upgrade, I would finally be able to use
Digest-MD5 authentication to the IMSP server. However, it's still not
working in either the 3.1 releases or the 2.2 releases of Mulberry.
Cram-MD5 and Plain/Login continue to work fine, though.

Does anyone know if my inability to use Digest-MD5 is a problem with
Mulberry, or is a problem with Cyrus IMSP? Are there any known fixes?

Finally, I thought I saw mentioned somewhere awhile back that work was
ongoing to implement SSL/TLS capabilities into the IMSP server. Can anyone
comment on how well that might be progressing?

Thanks for your help.
Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein