Virtual domains, user@domain.com: Mailbox unknown

Henrik Troeng henrik at troeng.com
Mon Feb 16 07:17:03 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a problem, I use multiple domains but for users I create with the
domain specified, for example postmaster at htc.troeng.com it can't receive
mail. When I try to send to this user I get back a reply from Mailer-Daemon
that says "550-Mailbox Unknown". Either there is no mailbox associated
550-name or you don't have authorization to see it".

If I create the user "user.postmaster" it works fine, but the user
"user.postmaster at htc.troeng.com" wont accept any mail.

Here is my imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/imap

partition-default: /var/spool/imap

admins: cyrus root Henrik

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail

servername: htc.troeng.com

virtdomains: yes

defaultdomain: troeng.com

I have set up the domain in the local-host-names config file for sendmail.

Here is the error message:

"

The original message was received at Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:47:04 +0100

from lmdeliver01.st1.spray.net [212.78.202.210]

root

    (reason: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated

with this)

    (expanded from: <postmaster at htc.troeng.com>)

... while talking to localhost:

>>> DATA

<<< 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated

with this

<<< 550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.

<<< 550 5.1.1 User unknown

550 5.1.1 root... User unknown

<<< 503 5.5.1 No recipients

"