Invalid mailbox name?

trichard trichard at hypermall.net
Wed Feb 18 16:21:11 EST 2004

Mike O'Rourke wrote:
> I got my "-a" and "-u" parameters mixed up. It must have been late when
> I wrote that one!
>
> If you use
> imtest -u test -a test at mydomain.com -m plain -t '' localhost
>
> I bet it will let you select your inbox.

Woohoo!  It works!  Thanks Mike!!!

> Is your machine's name post.mydomain.com? Did you create the test user
> like this?:
> saslpasswd2 -c -u mydomain.com test

Yes I sure did.  That was causing me the problem.  When I fixed it then
  SMTP-AUTH went broken until I remembered to turn off the postfix
setting of:

#smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $mydomain

Now I can authenticate on both sides with just username (no @ or domain
required!)

The only remaining issue that I can see is that a couple of my IMAP
subfolders for the "test" user are slow or cause disconnects to the IMAP
server.  INBOX is always fine.  SENT seems fine.  It is Drafts and Trash
that seem to time out occasionally.  I have looked at the ACLs but see
no problems.

I am off to do some searching through the mailing lists for more info or
a doc on troubleshooting subfolders.  Once again Mike, I *REALLY*
appreciate your help with this!  You saved the day!  :-)

-trichard

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus