db.spec.patch not successful :-(

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Thu Feb 19 21:42:20 EST 2004

all versions of DB use the same symbols (really annoying) so an
executable can only be linked against one version of DB..
the easiest way to convert from DB3 to DB4 is to dump and load the
databases..
if you have the db3-utils and db4-utils packages installed you can do
this..
mv mailboxes.db mailboxes.db3
db3_dump mailboxes.db3 | db4_load mailboxes.db4
cp mailboxes.db4 mailboxes.db

To figure out what version a DB is in use the file command
file mailboxes.db
DB3 is Version 7, DB4 is version 8,
skiplist should say "data" unless you add the skiplist file magic..

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/

---