Fw: Re: Virtual domains, user@domain.com: Mailbox unknown

Mike O'Rourke mjoop at curia.op.org
Fri Feb 20 18:19:45 EST 2004

> Christopher Paluch <cpaluch at mindspring.com> 02/20/04 11:14pm >>>
>
>After installing a version of Cyrus that actually supports Virtual
Domains (doh!) and getting the sendmail.mc
>setup properly, it looks like I got it working.
>
>I still would like to be able to get root mail accepted and sent to
the old fashioned /var/spool/mail files, but
>still haven't figured that one out yet. I will keep on plugging away
at it.  I tried sending it to a Cyrus
>account,which I was able to do, but I couldn't get the IMAP client
configured right to login and get the mail.

>Thanks everyone for your help.

Hi Chris,

Congratulations!

For sending mail to unix users, you might take a look at Andrzej's page
that he mentioned in a post yesterday:

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip:
"I promote a few alternative ways of cyrus and sendmail integration,
all of
them use local mailer for some users and curys||cyrusv2 for other
[ e.g. http://anfi.webhop.net/sendmail/localtab.html ]"

I had a look at it, and it looks slick. Although the examples seem to
presume that your default local mailer is "local" rather than "cyrusv2",
it might be able to be used in the reverse sense -- i.e. your default
local mailer is cyrusv2, and you put in the localtable something like:

root        local:chris

to send root's mail to your "chris" unix account.

Andrzej, is this interpretation correct?

Mike.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus